VINTAGE 1947 501 JEANS RIGID
The Levi’s® Vintage Clothing 1947 501® was the jean of a new generation, with a slimmer fit and no extraneous details like the cinch or suspender buttons. Watch pocket rivets (re)appeared, and, thanks to new double-needle technology, our famed Arcuate Stitching Design® could be produced on a larger scale with double-needle industrial technology.
We’ve reproduced all of these details and even used the same darker blue, ultra classic 12oz Red Selvedge denim.
- A reproduction of a pair of jeans from the post WW II era, crafted from premium selvedge denim
- After the war, raw materials were once again available, so Levi's® jeans could be made with their original features, such as the watch pocket rivets
- An updated, slimmer fit and the removal of the cinch and suspender buttons reflect the changing times of the era
- The new double-needle technology allowed for the famed double-arched stitch to be produced in uniform size and design, no longer subject to the sewing skills of the individual worker
- Big “E” single-sided red Tab
- Two Horse Pull leather patch